Zucchini Cheese Bread
3 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/4 shredded zucchini
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup shredded jalapeno jack cheese
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup minced parsley
1 tablespoon granulated garlic
2 large eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 stick unsalted butter melted
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9x5-inch loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl stir together flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda until blended.
3. Toss in zucchini, cheeses, green onions, parsley and garlic.
4. In another bowl whip together eggs, buttermilk and melted butter until completely blended. Lightly blend egg mixture into dry ingredients until it forms a moist batter. Be careful not to overblend!
5. Pour into loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Place on wire rack to completely cool.
Yields 1 loaf.
Recipe compliments of Chef Patrick Mould.
- Outdoor Adventure
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Maps & Directions
- Request Visitors Guide
- Trip Planner
- Chubby Carrier
- LafayetteTravel Mobile Concierge
- Zachary Richard