Vermilionville's Pecan Pralines
2 cups brown sugar
2 cups white sugar
1 cup evaporated milk
2 tablespoons melted butter
2 tablespoons vanilla
2 cups pecans, whole or chopped
1. Mix brown and white sugar, and evaporated milk.
2. Cook on high heat until mixture comes to a good boil. Continue cooking on medium until mix reaches a softball stage when dropped into ice water. If using a candy thermometer, cook to softball stage as indicated on it.
3. Stir constantly.
4. Add butter, vanilla and pecans
5. Continue cooking about 1 minute or until mixture is thick again.
6. Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper or lightly greased cookie sheet.
Recipe compliments of Margo Latiolais.
300 Fisher Road | Lafayette, LA
- Outdoor Adventure
- Live Music
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Maps & Directions
- Request Visitors Guide
- Trip Planner
- LafayetteTravel Mobile Concierge
- National Tourism Week