Fig Nut Bread
This is extremely easy and tasty bread to prepare.
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups fig preserves, mashed
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 1/2 cups Gold Medal flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped dates
1 cup pecan pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
2. Soften butter to room temperature and cream together with fig preserves. Stir in eggs until completely blended.
3. Add milk and vanilla and beat until smooth.
4. Stir in remaining ingredients being careful not to over stir. Pour into baking pan.
5. Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
6. Allow to completely cool before slicing.
Yields 1 loaf.
Recipe compliments of Chef Patrick Mould.
- Outdoor Adventure
- Live Music
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Maps & Directions
- Request Visitors Guide
- Trip Planner
- LafayetteTravel Mobile Concierge
- Zachary Richard