Chicken & Tasso Jambalaya
The jam in jambalya comes from the word ""jambon"" which is the African word for ham.
1 chicken, cooked and deboned
reserving 3 1/2 cups chicken stock
3/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
1 tablespoon garlic
8 oz. chopped tasso
1 teaspoon Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1 (8 oz.) can Rotel tomatoes
2 cups long grain rice
1/4 cup minced parsley
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1. Heat oil in 6-quart saucepot. Add onions, celery, bell pepper, garlic and saut? for 5 minutes.
2. Add tasso, Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning, thyme, salt, paprika, Rotel tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add chicken stock and deboned chicken. Bring mixture to a boil.
4. Stir in the long grain rice, lower the heat and cover the pot.
5. Cook jambalaya for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
6. Add green onions and parsley.
Yields 6-8 servings.
Recipe Compliments of Chef Patrick Mould.
- Outdoor Adventure
- Live Music