Cajun Spiced Caramel Popcorn & Pecans
3 quarts popped popcorn
1 cup pecan halves
1/2 cup butter
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup light corn syrup
2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Spray a large roasting pan with pan spray. Place popcorn and pecan halves in roasting pan.
2. In a medium saucepan add butter sugar and corn syrup. Cook over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil lower fire and cook for five minutes.
3. Remove from fire and stir in Cajun seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, vanilla extract, baking powder and cayenne pepper.
4. Slowly pour over popcorn and pecans stirring until mixture is completely incorporated. Place in pre-heated oven and bake for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven, allow popcorn to cool completely. Break apart.
5. Store in air tight container.
Yields approximately 3 quarts.
Recipe Compliments of Chef Patrick Mould.
- Outdoor Adventure
- Live Music