3 cups peanut oil
1 1/2 pounds chicken wings
1/2 cup flour
1 1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons hot sauce
1. Heat vegetable oil in a large pot to 350 degrees. Remove wing tips and discard. Cut each wing into 2 pieces by cutting through the joint.
2. Place flour in a bowl and stir in salt and black pepper. Toss chicken wings in flour until coated shaking off any excess.
3. Carefully drop wings into hot grease without crowding and cook for 12 minutes until golden brown turning occasionally. Repeat process if necessary. Drain onto paper towels.
4. In a small saute pan heat butter until melted and bubbling. Remove from heat and stir in vinegar and hot sauce.
5. Place wings in a bowl and pour butter sauce over wings and toss together until wings are coated with sauce.
6. Serve wings with celery sticks and blue cheese dressing.
Yield: Dependent upon size of chicken wings.
Recipe Compliments of Chef Patrick Mould.
- Outdoor Adventure
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Maps & Directions
- Request Visitors Guide
- Trip Planner
- Chubby Carrier
- LafayetteTravel Mobile Concierge
- Zachary Richard