Broiled Louisiana Shrimp & Portobello Mushroom Salad
These mushrooms are known for their meaty texture and, although I am broiling them, they are even better grilled.
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoon fresh tarragon, minced
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon Cajun Seasoning
1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
1/2 cup olive oil
12 large Louisiana shrimp, peeled
2 Portobello mushrooms caps
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
Assorted salad greens for two large dinner salads
1. Preheat broiler.
2. In a bowl, combine balsamic vinegar, tarragon, garlic, Cajun seasoning and hot sauce and whip together.
3. Slowly add 1/4 cup olive oil until completely incorporated. Add shrimp and mushrooms. Marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature.
4. Place marinated shrimp and mushrooms bottom side up in a baking dish and broil in oven for 5 minutes. Flip shrimp and mushrooms and broil for an additional 2 minutes.
5. Remove shrimp and mushrooms from oven, place on a plate and keep warm. Pour water into hot baking dish, scrape juices from bottom and pour reserved liquid in a bowl and allow liquid to cool slightly.
6. Into reserved liquid whip in mustard and salt. Then slowly whip in remaining olive oil and chill.
7. Slice broiled mushroom caps and along with grilled shrimp place on 2 plates that have been lined with assorted greens and top each salad with dressing.
Yields 2 entree salads.
Recipe Compliments of Chef Patrick Mould.
- Outdoor Adventure
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Maps & Directions
- Request Visitors Guide
- Trip Planner
- Chubby Carrier
- LafayetteTravel Mobile Concierge
- Zachary Richard