Barbecue Skewers of Shrimp
There are few backyard Bar-B-Ques in Cajun Country that don't utilize jumbo shrimp on the grill during shrimp season.
1 pound large shrimp (about 10-15)
2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
1. Preheat gas grill or build a small fire in the barbecue pit. Peel and devein shrimp and place in a bowl.
2. Season shrimp with Cajun seasoning, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil and stir until thoroughly incorporated. Marinate shrimp for 30 minutes in refrigerator. Divide shrimp onto 2 wooden skewers.
3. In a separate bowl, combine barbecue sauce and remaining olive oil. Stir until incorporated.
4. Place skewers of shrimp on a greased grill and baste with some of the barbecue sauce and olive oil mixture. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes. Turn over and baste with remaining barbecue sauce for an additional 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat.
Yields 2 servings.
Recipe Compliments of Chef Patrick Mould.
- Outdoor Adventure
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Maps & Directions
- Request Visitors Guide
- Trip Planner
- Chubby Carrier
- LafayetteTravel Mobile Concierge
- Zachary Richard