Join LCVC and Become a Tourism Industry Partner!
WHO WE ARE
The Lafayette Convention & Visitors Commission is a dynamic organization committed to marketing Lafayette as a leisure and convention destination. LCVC was created in 1974 to promote tourism and coordinate marketing efforts for Lafayette Parish and is funded by a lodging tax.
The LCVC's vision is to have the most progressive, efficient and creative destination marketing organization in the state of Louisiana. This includes innovative marketing efforts that will bring greater awareness of Lafayette as a visitor, meeting and sports destination.
The Lafayette Convention & Visitors Commission is accredited by the Destination Marketing Accreditation Program (DMAP) of the Destination Marketing Association International, 2025 M Street, N.W., Suite 500, Washington, D.C., 20036, USA, Ph. 202-296-7888.
WHAT WE DO
LCVC provides a variety of programs and services to member businesses to help them reach the many visitor markets we serve: meeting planners, sports tournament directors, tour and travel professionals, independent leisure travelers and media.
The LCVC staff:
- operates a visitor center to assist in the distribution of member brochures and visitors guides.
- attends trade shows and sales missions.
- purchases print, broadcast and Internet advertising.
- services meeting planners, tournament directors and travel professionals.
- works with travel media.
- provides assistance to festivals, museums and non-profit attractions in order to enhance the visitor experience.
- coordinates the production of visitors guide, trade publications and website.
- and more!
WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU
LCVC provides a monthly membership luncheon or social designed to give its members an opportunity to network with others in the tourism industry.
Members are provided a space to display brochures in the Lafayette Visitor Center.
Publications & Internet - Members are listed in:
- Visitors Guide (markets: consumers and convention delegates).
- Lafayette Travel Planner Guide (markets: meeting planners, sports tournament directors, travel agents, group tour planners, media and film).
- LCVC Membership Directory
- Lafayette.travel - the official tourism site for LCVC - all markets.
- Other publications as deemed necessary.
Sales Missions, Sales Leads and Convention Calendar:
As it is the mission of LCVC to attract visitors to Lafayette Parish for overnight stays, the convention calendar, participation in sales missions and access to sales leads are available only to Full Members, defined as lodging members in Lafayette Parish, as well as non-lodging members within a 30-mile radius from Lafayette center. Exceptions for associations, businesses and corporations may be granted for room-night generating entities including, but not limited to, bus companies, airlines, state associations and tour services.
Kaylie LeBlanc, Communications & Membership Coordinator
email@example.com, (337) 232-3737
Lafayette Convention & Visitors Commission
1400 NW Evangeline Thruway
Lafayette, LA 70501
fax: (337) 232-0161
- Outdoor Adventure
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Maps & Directions
- Request Visitors Guide
- Trip Planner
- Chubby Carrier
- LafayetteTravel Mobile Concierge
- Zachary Richard