Acadiana Center for the Arts
The Acadiana Center for the Arts is the perfect location for corporate events, company picnics, weddings, receptions, film viewings, book readings, anniversary events and holiday parties. The AcA offers several one-of-a-kind spaces for your private gatherings. We look forward to making your special event something that your guests will talk about for years to come!
The AcA is the central hub of Cultural Life, a Center of Service, Programming, Art and Education in Acadiana. An architectural marvel, glowing jewel-like in the downtown nightscape, the AcA incorporates museum-quality galleries, an arts education center, a broadcast venue, workshops, conference and office spaces and a modular theater with adaptive acoustics.
This recently completed James Devin Moncus Theater is a magnificent 300-seat performing arts theater that fills a void in Acadiana, accommodating everything from spoken word to dance and theater, classical music to jazz and Zydeco. With this much-needed venue, the AcA is able to support all genres of performing arts.
Performing arts presentation includes the acclaimed Louisiana Crossroads series, presenting shows in 6 cities. Crossroads is also a record label, economic development initiative, television and radio broadcast.
Visual arts programming includes 25 exhibits annually in the more than 9,000 square feet of high-end gallery space. The AcA features significant regional talent as well as nationally and internationally celebrated artists.
Our Education department offers arts education inside - and outside - of the school system. Professional development for art teachers and teaching artists, as well as an innovative collaboration with the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, the Lafayette Parish School System and the Kennedy Center in D.C. define our key role in arts education in our community.
Our service to Acadiana includes extensive grant making; we administer in excess of $350,000 annually to eight parishes, facilitate grant panels and work in partnerships with other organizations.
The AcA serves hundreds-of-thousands of people throughout Acadiana every year. Besides the economic impact returned annually to this community, the social profit provided is immense. Without the AcA, a large piece of our cultural and educational fabric would disappear. The AcA provides Acadiana with the facilities and services this ‘Community of Innovators’ deserves.
- Approx. 5,000 square feet.
- Includes use of first-floor lobby area, hallways and reception desk.
- Maximum capacity 500.
- Approx. 1,200 square feet.
- Includes use of first-floor lobby area, hallways and main reception desk.
- Maximum capacity 100.
- Over 470 square feet.
- Includes use of the first-floor lobby area, hallways and main reception desk.
- Maximum capacity 20 seated, 80 standing.
- Over 1,300 square feet.
- Includes use of second-floor lobby area and Art House reception desk.
- Maximum capacity 50 seated, 200 standing, 80 for performance seating.
- Over 320 square feet.
- Maximum capacity 15 seated.
- Over 8,000 square feet.
- Includes Main Gallery, Small Gallery, The Vault, first-floor lobby area, hallways and reception desk.
- Maximum capacity 350.
- Over 1,500 square feet.
- Complementary with the rental of the Art House.
- Maximum capacity 200.
The AcA Building
- Over 10,000 square feet.
- Includes all public areas of the building and outdoor property.
- Maximum capacity 4,000.
- Non-profit discounts may be available.
Parking - Private parking is very limited, a parking tower is located one block east on Vermilion Street
Acadiana Center for the Arts
101 W Vermilion St.
Lafayette, LA 70501
(337) 233-7060, fax: (337) 233-7062
- Outdoor Adventure
- Live Music
- Group Tours
- Meetings & Conventions
- African Diaspora 2013
- Convention Facilities
- Convention Services
- Key Contacts
- Request Meeting Guide
- Request for Proposal