Fourth International Petanque Tournament of Lafayette, Louisiana
The Fourth International Petanque Tournament of Lafayette, Louisiana is scheduled for the Saturday afternoon of March 17 and all day Sunday, March 18 in Girard Park, Lafayette, Louisiana. Petanque is a French outdoor game played with hand-sized chrome balls rolled on a crushed stone court.
Children's Tournament (Ages 6 to 14) – Saturday, March 17, 2012; 1:30pm to 5:30pm
Adult Tournament - Sunday, March 18, 2012; 9:30am until sundown.
Note: The children's games will directly follow the Komen Walk for the Cure scheduled in the morning in Girard Park.
Lafayette, Louisiana, the heart of Cajun Country, in the north end of Girard Park on Girard Park Lane near the University of Louisiana at Lafayette's Alumni House.
- Mayor President Joey Durel – presentations of official certificates to children winners on Saturday
- Bernard Champey, former world champion, demonstrations and presentations of trophies to adults on Sunday
- Children from the French Immersion Program in Iberia and Lafayette Parish.
- French Players from Poitiers
- Louisiana Petanque players from Lafayette, Zachary, and Thibodeaux
- American Players from Seattle, Washington, Austin, Texas, and others
Children Registration - $5 - through Les Amis de l‘Immersion at Girard Park: 1:30pm; Saturday, March 17
Adult Registration - $12/$15 – Girard Park: 9:30am Sunday; March 18
- Alliance Française de Lafayette, a local non-profit organization, part of a worldwide association of local organizations providing direct links to the France and its language, culture and cuisine.
- La Boule Cadienne de Lafayette, a local petanque club, member of the Federation Petanque USA,
- Lafayette Convention & Visitors Commission
- Lafayette Consolidated Government - Administration
- Lafayette Consolidated Government - Le Centre International
- Poupart's Bakery
- A Movable Feast, a local catering Company
- Coca-Cola Bottling Company